IS JESUS CHRIST TRUE GOD AND TRUE MAN?
ARISTEO CANLAS FERNANDO
Peace Crusader and Echo of the Holy Spirit
If we want to go to Heaven, one of the two requirements is to acknowledge and believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man.
Jesus Christ is true man because there really was a person by the name of Jesus of Nazareth who lived some 2000 years ago. So, He is not a myth. He existed.
Jesus Christ is true God because the spirit of God resided in a human being who is called Jesus of Nazareth.
In the book of Revelation, who was talking in it? Wasn’t it God? Who was writing down what he was seeing? Wasn’t it John?
Here is the description of God that God said to the angel of the church of:
1. Ephesus – “he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks” (Revelation 2:1, King James Version);
2. Smyrna – “the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive” (Revelation 2:8);
3. Pergamus – “he which hath the sharp sword with two edges” (Revelation 2:12);
4. Thyatira – “the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass” (Revelation 2:18);
5. Sardis – “he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars (Revelation 3:1);
6. Philadelphia – “he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth” (Revelation 3:7); and
7. Laodicea – “the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the being of the creation of God” (Revelation 3:14).
Who is He who has the sharp sword with two edges? God. Revelation 19:15 states: “And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.”
Who is He who has his eyes like a flame of fire? God. Revelation 19:12 states: “His eyes were as a flame of fire.”
The Holy Spirit told us (plural) that when Jesus returns, He will have eyes like a flame of fire and with a sword splashing (maybe with blood) (“matang nanlilisik at espadang namimilansik”). He will not be loving and affable but full of anger to people who disobeyed Him. Now, Jesus is our defender, our lawyer (“manananggol”, “tagapagtanggol”), but later, He will be the judge (“hukom na tagapaghatol”).
Who is the first and the last? God. Who was dead and is alive? Jesus. Who is the Son of God? Jesus.
Who asked the angels to write the book of Revelation? God. Who said in Revelation 1:17, “I am the first and the last”? God. Who said in Revelation in Revelation 22:13, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last”? God. Who introduced Himself as that God in Revelation 22:16? Jesus. Who then is God? Jesus.
Revelation 22:16 states: “I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.” This is Jesus introducing Himself as that God.
There is only one true God and this God made Himself into three persons: as God the Father in the Old Testament who talked to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Noah, and the prophets; as God the Son Jesus Christ in the New Testament; and after Jesus ascended to Heaven, He came back as God the Holy Spirit who will be with us forever (John 14:16).
Copyright © 2010 Aristeo Canlas Fernando.