BARREN WOMEN GAVE BIRTH©
ARISTEO CANLAS FERNANDO
Peace Crusader and Echo
There were women in the Holy Bible who were barren but with God’s will, they conceived as prophesied. “Is any thing too hard for the LORD?” (Genesis 18:14) God sent an angel to announce the event.
1. The angel of the Lord told Abraham that his old and barren wife Sarah would conceive and give birth to a son; to wit (All quotations from King James Version):
Genesis 18:10 – “And he [one of the three men, most likely an angel of the Lord, or the Lord Himself] said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.”
2. The angel of the Lord told Zechariah that his old and barren wife Elisabeth would conceive and give birth to a son to be named John; to wit:
Luke 1:13 – “But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zechariah: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.”
Luke 1:19 – “And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God, and am sent to speak unto thee, and to show thee these glad tidings.”
3. The angel appeared to Manoah’s wife (mother of Samson) who was barren, and said:
Judges 13:3 – “And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son.”
4. Regarding Santa Ana, the mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary, on page 12a of Pasiong Mahal [Holy Passion], it is indeterminate who revealed that she would conceive and to whom whether it was revealed to her or to her husband San Joaquin. It states: “Kahi’t baog at matanda si Santa Anang dakila, naglihi at nanganak nga isang babaing mistula dikit na walang kamukha. Rosa na lubhang maganda sadyang mabangong sampaga ang anak ni Santa Ana yaong nga at dili iba ang Birheng Santa Mary.” [“Even though the great Santa Ana was barren and old, she conceived and gave birth to an incomparable girl. A very beautiful rose who smelled as scented as sampaguita was the child of Santa Ana who is none other than the Blessed Virgin Mary.”]
You may question my using Pasiong Mahal other than the Holy Bible but the Holy Spirit told us that we may use the former as well since not all the details are in the latter.
On the following, God can make a woman to conceive and He can also withhold her to conceive.
1. Rebekah was the wife of Isaac. Isaac entreated the Lord to make his wife conceive. She conceived to twins Esau and Jacob.
Genesis 25:21 – “And Isaac entreated the LORD for his wife because she was barren: and the LORD was entreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.”
2. Jacob was married to sisters Leah and Rachel. The Lord opened the womb of Leah but Rachel was barren. Leah gave birth to Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah. She thought she had stopped bearing children so she gave Jacob her handmaid Zilpah to wife. Zilpah gave birth to Gad and Asher. God made Leah to conceive again and gave birth to Issachar, Zebulun, and Dinah.
After Leah gave birth to Judah, Rachel said to Jacob to give her children or else she would die. Jacob, in her anger, said:
Genesis 30:2 – “Am I in God’s stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?”
In desperation, Rachel gave her handmaid Bilhah for Jacob to wife. Bilhah gave birth to Dan and Naphtali. God remembered Rachel and heard her and opened her womb. She gave birth to Joseph and much later (Genesis 35:18), to Benjamin.
If the children of Israel would listen and “keep the commandments, and the statues, and the judgment” and do them, the Lord God shall keep the covenant that He swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and He promised:
Deuteronomy 7:14 – “Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, and among your cattle.”
File: 030-barren.htm URL: http://www.geocities.com/peacecrusader888/030-barren.htm
First uploaded: 2009-08-22 Last updated: 2009-08-22 Rev. No. 0
Copyright © 2009 Aristeo Canlas Fernando
All rights reserved.